Drop-ins $15 per class = $75, (Pre-Class Materials not included)
Pre-Pay, $12 for 5 week session = $60 + Includes Pre-Class Materials (See Below)
Where: 211 W. Main St, Woodbury, TN 37190
When: Tuesdays, September 26, 2023 for 5 weeks
Time: 8pm to 9pm
- I'm happy to invite you to my Belly Dance Basics, 5-week series in Woodbury, TN. Starting on September 26, 2023, we'll meet every Tuesday at 8 PM to immerse ourselves in all things belly dance.
- This class offers you an intro into the rhythms of raq sharqi, a classic Middle Eastern dance style, along with the fusion belly dance styles that have blossomed in the United States. More than just a dance class, this is a journey through music, movement, and history.
- Prepare to learn the basic elements of belly dance - simple and elegant isolations, rhythmic shimmies, and graceful undulations. I am committed to offering a supportive, fun, and non-discriminating environment where you can build your muscle memory for dance, and yes, discover muscles you never knew you had! No pressure to perform or improvise a solo in class. Blend in if you like and just let your body passively move and groove to the music.
- If you've never danced before, fear not! This Belly Dance Basics class is specially designed for beginners and those looking to revisit foundational techniques. By the end of this series, you'll be amazed at what your body CAN do.
- Enroll below and receive immediate access to all the Pre-Class Materials that are not offered to drop-in students. Each week a class videos will be added for you to download and practice with. Drop-ins are invited to take their own videos in class to take home. *Be sure to download all materials before the session ends, as they will be removed in preparation for the next class.
- I look forward to meeting and dancing together soon.
There are seven (5-week) series in the Beginner Level. Each named for a different Arabic rhythm. We focus on moves specific to each one and go over them in different ways so you do not need to practice at home and will finish the series with a true understanding in your mind and body of the rhythm and the movement vocabulary.
1. Saidi 4/4
2. Baladi (Masmudi Saghir/Kabir) 4/4
3. Maqsum/Maqsoum/Maqsoum sareea 4/4
4. Ayub/Ayoub 2/4
5. Chiftetelli 8/4
6. Khaliji/Khaleegi 2/4
7. Malfuf/Malfouf 2/4
If you enjoy learning, crafting, dancing, music, books, travel, and building friendships... then I want to meet you!
Originally from Middle Tennessee, I have studied BellyDance since 2004, performing with bands, at conventions, in festivals and music videos. Through weaving my love of Tribal Improv/Fusion, Egyptian, Folkloric, Romani, Persian, Flamenco, and Latin dances, I hope to connect dancers together through the language of movement. There are so many styles and teachers of BellyDance to experience. I can teach you the basics but the rest is up to you. I believe that through BellyDance, people can learn to accept and love themselves no matter their size, shape, or age. Come learn to love yourself with me.
New dancers, community dancers, non dancers, bad dancers, shy dancers, geeky dancers... All are welcome!
Certifications I have completed:
- Certified Level 1 Teacher of Global Caravan Dance (GC Style)
- Certified Global Caravan Dance Grooves Instructor
- Dance Cohesion Stage 1 Teacher
StartDownload the Teachable App - iOS only
StartBD Basics Self Checklist
StartJournal Page - Arm Positions
StartJournal Page - Drill Pattern
PreviewJournal Page - Songs and Drum Rhythms
PreviewJournal Page - Time to Practice
StartWays to Wear a Hip Scarf - 2 Videos (14:30)
StartDancer Interviews and Cool Down Video - 22 Videos